- Which Comes First? Truth, or the Church?
- “May You Flee, Fugitive World; Let Us Always Love Christ”
- Sacral Kingship and Obedience to the Unjust Ruler- Ambrosiaster’s Curious Ambiguity
- What is “Societas Christiana”? (Part 2): A Survey of Medieval Diversity
- What is “Societas Christiana”? (Part 1): Some Basic Terminology
SubscribeEnter your email to subscribe to future updates
Category Archives: Dante
PrintI had occasion some years ago while writing a large paper on Medieval resistance theory to read portions of Dante’s Monarchia, a vigorously logical treatise defending the idea, contrary to the spirit of the times, that temporal rulership is not derived … Continue reading