- Which Comes First? Truth, or the Church?
- “May You Flee, Fugitive World; Let Us Always Love Christ”
- Sacral Kingship and Obedience to the Unjust Ruler- Ambrosiaster’s Curious Ambiguity
- What is “Societas Christiana”? (Part 2): A Survey of Medieval Diversity
- What is “Societas Christiana”? (Part 1): Some Basic Terminology
SubscribeEnter your email to subscribe to future updates
Category Archives: De Contemptu Mundi
PrintThe following exhortation to remember what is of prime importance in life comes from the Carolingian scholar Alcuin’s poem “My Little Cell.” After lamenting the loss, in his old age, of the monkish cell of his youth, Alcuin writes more … Continue reading