- Which Comes First? Truth, or the Church?
- “May You Flee, Fugitive World; Let Us Always Love Christ”
- Sacral Kingship and Obedience to the Unjust Ruler- Ambrosiaster’s Curious Ambiguity
- What is “Societas Christiana”? (Part 2): A Survey of Medieval Diversity
- What is “Societas Christiana”? (Part 1): Some Basic Terminology
SubscribeEnter your email to subscribe to future updates
Category Archives: De Tyrannide
PrintIn my first post, What Is Societas Christiana (Part I), I noted the diversity of patristic views on the nature and location of authority in the societas Christiana. One of the views so noted was “the Church is in the … Continue reading