Welcome to Via Antiqua, the home of a new, uncommonly classical approach to Christian homeschooling!
Our program is a “university model” (2 day) arrangement that walks a line between the rigorous structure and pedagogy offered by brick-and-mortar classical schools, but which also accommodates the unique needs of homeschooling families by not encumbering them with a heavy emphasis on the external trappings of an institution. We offer both face-to-face and online tutoring options.
Below are some short informational documents and audio files describing some aspects of our program.
- [Audio] “Multum, Non Multa” – a Less-Is-More Approach to Classical Education
- [Text] Our Philosophy of Classical Education: What and Why?
- [Text] What Does A “Wisdom-Based Approach” Mean?
- [Text] Some Probably-Going-to-Be-FAQs
- [Text] About the Tutor
Here are a few sample syllabi for classes we would like to offer:
- Humane Letters
- Christianity and Culture
- Classical Languages
- Beginning Latin
- Greek I and Greek II (syllabi will be available soon)
If you are interested in further information about this exciting new opportunity, please take a few moments to complete the very short survey linked below so that we can get some idea of family interest and how best to move forward. Thank you!
Contact us at:
423-404-0091 (please leave message if no answer)